Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day


Happy Earth Day to all.

I recently subscribed to Time Magazine as part of a fundraiser that one of my friend's children were participating in. I have enjoyed reading it and found myself looking forward to getting it in the mail every week.

This week was a bit of a surprise. The issue that came in the mail was green. I thought it a bit odd but went about with my normal routine. When I started to read this specific edition, I realized it was odder than I thought. In fact, this was the first issue that Time Magazine had published without it's trademark red border.

Time magazine has been known for covering many historical stories. Look in any history book, and you will find a Time Magazine cover somewhere within the pages. Cover stories have included major medical and technological discoveries, the rises and falls of nations, deaths of presidents, dignitaries and religious leader as well as the births of future kings. Of all the things that that Time Magazine has covered, the one that spurs them to make an unprecedented change is something that even the less apt of people can have a direct part in...the environment.

So my question is this. If this is a big enough issue to make one of the world's most renown publications change their images to stand out, what can we do. I think that we can take a hint from Time Magazine and take a chance to change our environment and make it better for those who will follow. Get out in your community and do something to help the environment. Use your imagination. People will notice that you are taking a stance on an issue that is spreading world wide.
Even the smallest effort can make a big difference

So, Happy Earth Day to all. All this talk makes me want to go for a drive with the windows down!

No comments: